Here at Arnold we have a very active prison ministry that is currently working with four institutions in Eastern Missouri. We strive to consistently teach and preach the truth of God’s Word in three prisons and one jail. This great work is overseen and primarily supported by Arnold, with additional financial support from area congregations.
Arnold began a prison ministry in 1984 continues to follow in the great tradition initiated by men like Leamon Stewart, Mitch Murphy, and Travis Quertermous.
In the Spring of 2009, the elders made a decision to hire a full time minister to properly meet the needs of the incarcerated. To this end, Dan Curry, was selected to be active in and oversee the work on a full time basis in June, and so, the “Setting Them Free” prison ministry began.
Please choose one of the following editions of the Prison Newsletter to stay informed:
The Following is a listing of the institutions we serve and the corresponding volunteers:
St. Louis County Jail- Clayton, MO
- Classes are held each Monday.
- Volunteers: Dan Curry
Missouri Easter Correctional Center (MECC)- Pacific, MO
- Tracts and Bible correspondence courses.
- Lord’s Day Service is held at 1pm weekly
- Annually there is a Holiday Bag Giveaway to every inmate
- Donation of men’s clothing on an ongoing basis.
- Volunteers: Tom Wessel, Susan DeJarnette, Kim Powell, Kevin Isenberg, Jim Christian, Zach Curry and Dan Curry.
Eastern Regional Diagnostic & Correctional Center (ERDCC)- Bonne Terre, MO
- New Life Behavior class each Tuesday Morning
- Each Tuesday (after class) also involvement in the ITC program (Intensive Community Treatment) This is new to this facility. Please read the Newsletter for more information. There is also some Friday evenings as part of the program.
- Services are held every odd (1st, 3rd, and 5th) Sunday of each month.
- StoryLink is conducted every 2nd Wednesday of the month. (This program allows inmates to record the reading of a book for a child and then send both the book and recording to them.)
- Volunteers: Kevin Isenberg, Gene & Susan DeJarnette, Wade & Linda McGlawn, Tom Wessel, and Dan & Jill Curry.
Farmington Correctional Center (FCC)- Farmington, MO
- Services are held every Sunday in the “A” Chapel
- Volunteers: Dan Curry & Tom Wessel
Any questions about the prison work? Please contact Dan Curry