- This event has passed.
September 10 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Visiting a new church can be intimidating. When you visit the Arnold church of Christ, you won’t be asked to stand up and introduce yourself. We won’t embarrass you for visiting. We want you to get to know us and we want you to feel comfortable when you join us for worship services, so here is a brief summary of what you can expect from a typical service at the Arnold church of Christ.
When you visit one of our Sunday services, you can expect to find a simple worship service that adheres to the teachings of the New Testament. When we assemble on every Lord’s Day (Acts 20:7, Revelation 1:10), which is Sunday, we will worship God by . . .
- Praying: We are led by different men in our congregation (1 Timothy 2:1-8).
- Singing: The whole congregation joins together in praising God in song without the use of musical instruments (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16). In case anyone is unfamiliar with one of the songs, the words are available in our songbooks and also on a screen in front of the auditorium. Many of our visitors choose to join us in singing, while others prefer simply to listen as we worship.
- Taking Communion: Every Sunday, our members remember Christ’s death by eating unleavened bread and drinking fruit of the vine (Acts 20:7). We sit quietly for a few minutes and reflect on how wonderful it is that God loved us enough to give his own Son for us!
- Preaching: We will enjoy a Bible lesson that lasts about 30 minutes (Acts 2:42; Romans 10:14). On most Sundays, one of our ministers presents these lessons, though occasionally a guest speaker will guide our thoughts. Each lesson will take a Bible passage and explain what it means and how it applies to our lives.
- Giving: Each member of this congregation contributes weekly to the work of the church (1 Corinthians 16:2). We do not ask or expect our visitors to give anything in the offering.