Visiting a new church can be intimidating. When you visit the Arnold church of Christ, you won’t be asked to stand up and introduce yourself. We won’t embarrass you for visiting. We want you to get to know us and we want you to feel comfortable when you join us for worship services, so here is a brief summary of what you can expect from a typical service at the Arnold church of Christ.
|Morning Worship (Also streamed)||10:00am|
|Evening Worship (temporarily suspended due to Covid-19)||5:00pm|
|Bible Classes for All Ages||7:00pm|
When you visit one of our Sunday services, you can expect to find a simple worship service that adheres to the teachings of the New Testament. When we assemble on every Lord’s Day (Acts 20:7, Revelation 1:10), which is Sunday, we will worship God by . . .
- Praying: We are led by different men in our congregation (1 Timothy 2:1-8).
- Singing: The whole congregation joins together in praising God in song without the use of musical instruments (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16). In case anyone is unfamiliar with one of the songs, the words are available in our songbooks and also on a screen in front of the auditorium. Many of our visitors choose to join us in singing, while others prefer simply to listen as we worship.
- Taking Communion: Every Sunday, our members remember Christ’s death by eating unleavened bread and drinking fruit of the vine (Acts 20:7). We sit quietly for a few minutes and reflect on how wonderful it is that God loved us enough to give his own Son for us!
- Preaching: We will enjoy a Bible lesson that lasts about 30 minutes (Acts 2:42; Romans 10:14). On most Sundays, one of our ministers presents these lessons, though occasionally a guest speaker will guide our thoughts. Each lesson will take a Bible passage and explain what it means and how it applies to our lives.
- Giving: Each member of this congregation contributes weekly to the work of the church (1 Corinthians 16:2). We do not ask or expect our visitors to give anything in the offering.
Wednesday Night Bible Study
Our Wednesday evening service begins at 7:00 pm with everyone meeting in one of many classes being offered. The children will be taught in age-appropriate classes by teachers who have prepared a thoughtful Bible lesson (temporarily suspended due to Covid-19). Adult classes, teen and young professionals classes will also be provided. Following Bible class, we will assemble in the auditorium to sing songs, pray and hear a brief devotional that lasts about 5 minutes.
In all of our classes, you can expect to open the Bible so we can all study and grow in our faith. During these times we also encourage one another (Hebrews 10:24-25) and help one other maintain that Christian light (Matthew 5:16) to shine for others during our work week.
Word of God
You can expect us to have a wholesome respect for the inspired Word of God, the sole and complete authority. Because the church of Christ that meets at Arnold accepts the Word of God as the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice, we reject all human creeds (Galatians 1:8-9; Revelation 22:18-19).
Becoming a Christian
If you’re interested in becoming a Christian, we would love to have an opportunity to share what the Bible says to you about your relationship to God. The Bible teaches that we are saved by God’s grace, not through our own efforts or through our ability to do good works (Ephesians 2:8-9). We are saved completely by what Jesus did for us at the cross.
In order to accept God’s offer of salvation, we believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God (John 8:24). After acknowledging our sins, we trust and obey the scriptures by repenting of and turning away from our past lives of sin (Luke 13:3). We confess our faith in Jesus (Romans 10:9-10) and accept the free gift of salvation as we are baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of our sins (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-5).
As Christians, we strive to live for Christ, though we fail him often. We draw encouragement from our relationship to local Christians in the church, and we worship God regularly.
If you have any questions about spiritual matters, or if we can help you in any way, please contact us. We would be thrilled to have an opportunity to get to know you better and to talk to you about God’s plans for your life.
Thanks for checking out this page, and feel free to surf our site for more information about our congregation!